The Future Entrepreneurs of America Scholarship
The Scholarship Is On Hold Until Further Notice.
"Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice." "" Peter Drucker, management consultant, educator, and author. We here at TableLegsOnline.com understand the high costs of pursuing higher education. Even with an early start, saving and budgeting for college can be difficult in this ever-changing economy. It's hard to predict costs, so we believe every bit of help matters. So with this in mind, TableLegsOnline.com is proud to present The Future Entrepreneurs of America Scholarship. We created this scholarship to award innovative, forward-thinking students with a passion for business and entrepreneurship. Each year there will be two winners (one in the spring and one in the fall) that will be awarded $500 for books, living expenses, and other required fees.
Entrepreneurship has different meanings to different people. Some may say it's about being your own boss; others think it's about making loads of money. Although these are valid reasons, there are greater rewards than just the ones mentioned. We want to hear what you think entrepreneurship means, and what better way to find out then with an essay!
In 500 to 1,000 words (No more, no less) answer AT LEAST two of these three questions:
- In your opinion, what is it that makes someone an entrepreneur?
- In your opinion, what major characteristics do successful entrepreneurs exhibit, and why these characteristics?
- Describe your entrepreneurial experiences and why you would make a great future entrepreneur or business leader.
- Format essay in MLA style
- DO NOT include a title page
- Adhere to double-spacing, use a legible 12-point font, and 1-inch margins on all sides
- Include your name and page # on right side header of every page
- Essay must be a minimum of 500 words, maximum of 1,000 words. Be creative and genuine. Write from your opinions and experiences.
|How to enter:
- Send essay and ALL required documents via email to: Scholarship@TableLegsOnline.com
- Include your first and last name in the subject line of email.
- Include your first and last name, term you are applying for (spring or fall), phone number, best contact information, and how you found the scholarship opportunity in the body of email.
- Applicants must be either a graduating high school senior that has been accepted to an accredited college/university, or a college/university undergraduate within the United States.
- Open to students seeking a business related degree.
- Be a legal resident of the United States or hold a valid U.S. student visa.
- Have a minimum accumulated 3.0 GPA.
- Only one submission is allowed per student. Multiple submissions WILL NOT increase your chances of being selected, and can lead to your disqualification.
- Must submit an official college enrollment verification form OR Acceptance letter on school letterhead.
- Must submit a high school transcript, OR unofficial college transcript.
- ALL documents submitted MUST be saved as a .docx or .pdf file and emailed to us.
- Provide a valid .edu (school) email address if already attending a school of higher education.
|How often award is distributed:
|Spring Deadline: December 31st Fall Deadline: May 1st
|Winner announcement & notification:
|The winner will be announced a week after the application deadline and notified by email after the judging has been completed.
|The Scholarship Administrator will issue a check only to the qualified educational institution of the students' choice. No funds will be paid directly to the individual or his/her legal parent or guardian. Students must provide proof of enrollment prior to disbursement of the award.
|Rules & Disclaimers:
- Employees of TableLegsOnline.com, and associated companies, as well as their immediate family members are ineligible to participate.
- TableLegsOnline.com reserves the right to verify your enrollment status.
- By submitting your essay and entering the TableLegsOnline.com Scholarship Program, you agree that TableLegsOnline.com may use your essay, in whole or in part, for promotional purposes.
- Your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address and school will not be published or shared with any third parties without your express written permission, and will be used only for the purpose of contacting you to distribute your prize.
- This scholarship is not renewable.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be substituted or exchanged for other prizes.
- Winners will be asked to provide a valid student ID, transcript, or other proof of enrollment before receiving their winnings.
- By submitting an online scholarship application, you are certifying that all information you have provided is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. Students will be disqualified from being awarded a scholarship if they misrepresent themselves in any way.
- These rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Questions/comments? Email us: Scholarship@TableLegsOnline.com
By: Luis Leonzo